Thursday, January 28, 2010

Modelling Question

I've got an interesting question for you guys out there in Internet Lala-land.

Keep in mind, that althought Im young, (on the older crust of Generation Y) Im definately tech saavy.

Well, recently, I've been approached by my mother, and we've discussed representing one of my younger cousins as a model. I've been representing artists and entertainers for about a year now, and it would still be several years before this became a possibility.

However, my time in the Military, provided with other factors, have made me a little resistant. Im unsure if I want to represent a member of my family as a model. Im unsure of what thoughts I have about modelling.

What are your opinions? Would you want your sister or niece to be a model? Do you think, like some cultures (ie Arab, some Asian), that this is similiar to prostitution in many ways? I see it as a two-fold path, many models go on to be successful businesspeople who use their mind more than their bodies after the fact (Kathy Ireland). However, there are still the stories of exploited girls, and the eventual stereotype that some models become self-obsessed cocaine-using exploitative narcissists.

Again, Im unsure what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment