Monday, January 25, 2010

Acting a Foolishly

Okay, so this one is a bit of a short story. But I think one of the more important things about producing a film, of any budget, length, and seriousness, is that you have a strong director. He needs to be able to manage all of the people involved in the shoot, and it is to his vision that you must defer when making a film.

He must be involved, at every level of production. He must obtain quality footage and performances, he needs to make sure that actors understand their roles and the plot as a whole, and he needs to make sure that the editing goes smoothly to turn the raw footage into something enjoyable.

Of course, this mentality is learned, like all other things. My first production "Four Roses" had alot of flaws in it, but what I can say, is that it was a great learning experience for me and all those involved.

Want to see my movie?

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment